Descriptions for Canary Mail – Encrypted Email 1.8.1
Name: Canary Mail – Secure Email App
Release Date: February 13, 2018
Developer: Mailr Tech LLP
MAS Rating: 4+
Mac Platform: Intel
OS Version: OS X 10.10 or later
Includes: Pre-K’ed (TNT)
Web Site: http://canarymail.io
Mac App Store: http://itunes.apple.com/app/canary-mail-secure-email-app/id1236045954?mt=12
Canary is an exciting new email client for Mac that offers a full set of powerful features with one key difference – your emails are not stored on a 3rd-party server. Every facet of Canary has been designed in accordance with our core philosophy of ensuring complete user privacy and offering reliable and snappy performance. Unlike other apps/services, using Canary is not contingent on providing access to your data.
- Read Tracking – Canary notifies you instantly when your email is read.
- Email Snooze – Declutter your Inbox in an instant and deal with emails at your convenience.
- Unified Inbox – Canary features a unified inbox and supports Gmail, Yahoo!, Outlook, FastMail and universal IMAP.
- Fully Local – Your emails are encrypted and stored locally and securely on your Mac, not on an online server.
- Gmail Labels and Filters – Canary supports labels and social/promotional email segregation that Gmail users love.
- Attachments Browser – Quickly find, download, and open every file that you’ve ever sent or received.
- Quick Reply – Compose at the speed of thought with inline replies and direct keyboard shortcuts for your favorite contacts.
- Powerful Search – Instantly find an email with powerful predicate-based search that works even when you’re offline.
- Amazing Performance – Canary is engineered to offer an incredibly snappy user experience, with minimal CPU and RAM use.
What’s New in Canary Mail – Encrypted Email 1.8.1
– New: Stronger local database encryption
– New: Allow loading PGP keyrings with invalid packets
– Fix: Improve app responsiveness
– Fix: Database corruption in certain situations
– Fix: Revoked keys may not migrate in certain situations
– Fix: Crash during background refresh
– Fix: Decryption not working for enigmail / flowcrypt with inline and attachments
– Fix: Support for new encryption ciphers
– Fix: Corrupted DB might cause an app deadlock
– Fix: Better DB corruption detection
– Fix: Permission required when connecting to insecure servers
– Security fixes